2004 - Term “Pantam” appears 2004
Last Updated on 13. August 2021
- “The term pantam increased in popularity after Victor Levinson used it to describe his own SPB instruments. The term pantam was actually used early on by a distributor in Israel to describe the Hang®. The term is slowly gaining steam and is now commonly used by a couple of other builders including Yishama and Ayasa.”
- “The term Pantam, already introduced in 2004 by Ziv Yehezkel in Israel (…)” (ex-distributor of PANArt).
- “Pantam – Another generic term used to refer to a handpan type instrument. Derived from Ghatam and steelpan. ”
- “Pantam – a generic term synonymous with handpan. The term pantam originated in the early days of the HangⓇ when an Israeli distributor began using the term instead of HangⓇ due to language-based pronunciation difficulties.” Source: https://www.sarazhandpans.com/handpan-construction/styles-maker-guide/
- Ziv Yehezkel Interview about Pantams (Pantam term is used as a synonym for Hang):